Existing businesses have individualized needs as they progress through the launching stage and start to grow. SBTDC consulting teams have been formed throughout the state to specialize in specific areas to assist small business clients in determining where their company currently is; where their company has opportunity to grow; and their strategy and next steps for their company to pursue the best opportunities.
The SBTDC has developed tools and services to assist existing businesses as they enter new markets, strengthen existing markets, and move away from markets with declining profit margins. This results in increased sales and job creation. The SBTDC strives to maintain an understanding of the client’s experience and target the appropriate services to the client.
The statewide SBTDC Export Specialist Team includes experienced business counselors with international business expertise. The team assists companies in a number of crucial areas targeting increase in export sales:
- Export diversification planning focusing on identifying and penetrating new markets
- Fiscal fitness analysis to ensure financial strength in order to pursue exports
- Loan packaging for submission to banks
- Management and operational effectiveness assessment
- Strategic plan preparation
- International search engine optimization (SEO) report for qualifying clients