MI-SBTDC Clients Create Jobs, Financial Impact in 2011
Wow! What a year…
The Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Centers (MI-SBTDC) had a great year in 2011 serving small business owners and entrepreneurs and creating an impact throughout the state of Michigan. Through our four consulting teams including the new Finance and Strategy Specialists, our extensive market research capabilities, and a variety of other services, we helped launch new businesses, grow existing companies, assist advanced technology entrepreneurs and found the necessary financing and resources to help these companies succeed.
In 2011, the MI-SBTDC took advantage of many opportunities that allowed us to enhance and increase our support to small businesses in need of assistance. These opportunities included adding new tools, services and offerings. The numbers below demonstrate our calendar year economic impact and reflect the outcomes by the consulting and business education services we provided.
These figures are presented in the aggregate, but are available by Congressional District upon request.
- Capital formation (loans, SBIR, investors, other): $231,686,341
- Jobs created: 2,618
- New businesses started: 335
- Total entrepreneurs and businesses served: 14,542
- Entrepreneurs and Businesses Counseled:
- Startup entrepreneurs counseled: 2,750 (43%)
- Existing businesses counseled: 3,523 (57%)
- Total counseled: 6,273
- Entrepreneurs and Businesses Assisted Through Business Education:
- Workshops: 746
- Attendees: 8,269
Carol Lopucki, State Director
Find out more about the MI-SBTDC.